We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
- Food Hall Assistant Manager ~ Under offer
- Events Co-Ordinator ~ Under offer
- Commis Chef ~ open
- Junior Sous Chef ~ open
Events Co-ordinator ~ Under offer
Food Hall Assistant Manager ~ Under offer
You will need to be self-motivated and forward-thinking as well as practical and hard-working. Good communication and IT skills as well as previous retail experience and experience leading and motivating a small team are essential for this role. You will report to the Retail Manager.
- Providing excellent customer service
- Organising and motivating a team
- Stock replenishment, signing for deliveries and processing stock
- Repeat stock ordering
- Merchandising and display
- Staff Rota's
- Sales analysis
- Opening and closing checks
- Cashing up and banking
Junior Sous Chef ~ open
- Working in conjunction with the Head Chef, to ensure the consistent smooth running of food production areas within the designated areas.
To ensure effective control of stock purchasing, storage, preparation and service with regard to quality, quantity and safety in accordance with the Head Chef.
To ensure, through constant supervision, that all food production areas are operating to the required standards throughout the designated opening hours.
Maintaining a high level of food quality and production with the aim of exceeding our members and guests expectations.
Assisting the Head Chef in ensuring that the food operations are controlled in a manner which reaches the desired cost of sales.
To ensure that all complaints, suggestions or enquiries by guests are dealt with in accordance with the Head chef and the company policies.
Ensuring the security of all foods, chemicals and equipment by maintaining procedures laid down by the Head Chef and the management team.
To ensure that at all times cleanliness, food safety and all other Health and Safety matters are adhered to so as not to breach any legislative points within the Food Safety Act 1990 or the Health and Safety at Work Act.
Monitoring the performance of all kitchen staff and dealing with any shortfalls immediately where possible.
To show initiative and ability to problem solve so that the running of the kitchen remains as smooth as possible at all times.
As and when required give support, guidance and any appropriate training to members of the kitchen staff.
Report any disciplinary matters to the Executive Head Chef and Food and Beverage Manager.
To foster a good team spirit at all times.
To undertake all other duties necessary as and when directed by the Head Chef.
Commis Chef ~ open
- Looking after the area allocated to him or her
- Food preparation tasks (mincing, garnishes, etc)
- Hot and cold cooking tasks (simple cooking, seasoning, etc)
- Cleaning and tidying the area allocated to him or her
- The Commis Chef may be required to stand in for his or her superior (Section Chef or Head Chef) when the latter is absent on leave
- To ensure that health and safety rules are applied and respected (especially HACCP)
- To look after his or her own area
- To ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of working areas (floors, equipment, tables, etc)
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Complete command of culinary basics
- Active listening skills: implementing the advice offered
- Time management: fluctuations in activity levels
- Taking the initiative
- Paying attention to detail and quality: respecting the instructions given
- Team spirit