We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
- Events Co-ordinator
- Full-time Retail Assistant
- Kitchen Porter
About us: Suffolk Food Hall has established itself as an exemplar of local food. Our awards include being recognised as the best on-farm restaurant in Britain, with our products coming from local farms and suppliers. Our provenance of ingredients is critical to us and our customers.
About the role: To support the demand for events at the Suffolk Food Hall, we are looking for an experienced Events Co-ordinator to oversee the running of the Events department. Experience in the hospitality industry is essential, along with sales experience and the ability to work independently in order to ensure the delivery of events on time, within budget and that exceed expectation.
The successful candidate will report into the Cookhouse Business Manager but will oversee the day to day running of the department. They must have strong communication skills, be forward thinking and have good problem solving skills. We are looking for someone who has the ability to manage a team as well as someone who can set, develop and maintain both client and supplier relationships.
This person will also have a keen eye for detail, be able to multi task and the have the ability to use their initiative in order to help develop the growth of the Events Department.
Hours: 42.5 hours a week, including evenings and weekends.
Full-time Retail Assistant
About us:the Suffolk Food Hall is an award winning centre of excellence for local food with provenance and has recently been awarded 10 year Champion of Champions for Local Food (CA Rural Oscars).
The role: The Suffolk Food Hall prides itself on its extensive range of fantastic cheeses, charcuterie and homemade goodies all lovingly served by our Deli staff.
Our customers love food and so do we; therefore we try to share our passion and knowledge for our products at all times in order to provide them with best experience possible.
We are currently searching for an enthusiastic, experienced and reliable individual who has the ability to deliver fantastic customer service, pay strong attention to detail and work pro-actively in a team.
You will have a genuine passion and interest for fabulous food, a minimum of 12 months retail experience, basic IT skills and be qualified to GCSE standard or above.
Duties will include:
- Providing outstanding customer service
- Stock replenishment and checking off deliveries
- Merchandising and display
- Opening and closing checks
- Daily cleaning duties
Hours: 42.5 hours per week, 5 days over 7, shifts will be between 8am-7pm
You will need to be willing and available to work some weekends.
- unloading deliveries of food to the kitchen
- organising the storeroom
- collecting and washing pots, pans, plates and cutlery
- getting pots, pans plates and cutlery back into use as quickly as possible
- washing and disinfecting kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls
- making sure kitchen equipment is properly stored
- removing and recycling waste from the kitchen
- general cleaning duties around the site
- good physical health, as you could be on your feet all day
- the ability to carry out tasks quickly
- good communication skills
- the ability to work in a team
- the ability to work on your own and use your initiative
- the ability to remain calm under pressure
- an awareness of hygiene and safety regulations
- the ability to follow instructions.