We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
- Home & Garden sales assistant ~ Open
- Weekend staff ~ open
- Weekend cleaners ~ open
- Café Porter / Cook ~ Interviewing
- Commis Chef ~ Open
- Senior Chef de Partie ~ Open
- Butcher ~ Open
- Restaurant / Cafe Service Staff ~ Interviewing
Please send your CV by email along with a brief explanation on why you're well placed for the position.
- Full range of technical skills including experience of whole-carcass butchery (Level 2 Qualification)
- Excellent customer service with a knowledge of cooking and preparing products
- Ability to communicate well
- Enthusiasm and drive to work hard, completing tasks to a high standard
- Willingness to work within the team
- Openness to receive and contribute fresh ideas
Spring and summer are starting to get busy, so we're looking for weekend staff in one (or more) of the following departments...
- Butchery & Fish ~ Customer Service Assistant
- Delicatessen ~ Customer Service Assistant
- Home and Garden ~ Customer Service Assistant
- Grocer (general) ~ Till Operatives and Customer Service Assistants
If you are happy, hardworking and enthusiastic please apply with a letter explaining why you would like to work at the Suffolk Food Hall along with a copy of your CV.
Please send your application to Abby Knight
Café Porter / Cook ~ Interviewing
The Café at the Food Hall is an expectional part of the business, particularly as we approach the summer. This position is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to work as part of a committed team in a 'happening' working environment. You should be committed to producing fresh food from scratch with quality ingredients and offering the best possible customer service.
Your main role will consist of working the Café kitchen, where you will be responsible for preparing and serving food, washing-up and general cleaning duties. There may be the need to work front of house during busy periods or as required due to the demands of business. Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a team essential.
Primarily daytime hours with regular weekends & bank holidays. The full time position is 42 hours per week. Email send your CV to the Head Chef
Commis Chef ~ open
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to work as part of a committed team in a great working environment. Under the general guidance and supervision of the kitchen team you will assist in the preparation and service of all sections in the kitchen with a very strong focus on local and seasonal ingredients. You will continue to learn skills 'on the job' and gain direct experience in a professional, busy, demanding kitchen. This is an exciting and rewarding position where the learning curve is huge and performing new skills under pressure is a challenge.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sees that all food items for the restaurant are prepared on time and meet quality and quantity standard
- Maintaining of cleanliness in all assigned areas, including refrigerators and freezers
- Performs duties common to position and other duties as maybe assigned
- Controls cost by minimizing spoilage, waste, proper storage and exercising strict portion control
- Ensure that cost control policies and procedures are followed
- Ensures freshness and suitability of products used by the section and that they are stored properly
- Ensures smooth running of the section at all times
Primarily daytime hours with regular weekends & bank holidays. The full time position is 42 hours per week. Salary is dependent upon experience. The Head Chef is waiting for your CV by email...
Senior chef de partie ~ open
The Cookhouse is looking for a professional, dedicated and passionate chef who is striving to build their career in the hospitality industry. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer service, restaurant success and business goals. Under the general guidance and supervision of the Head Chef, the kitchen team member will assist in the preparation and service of all sections in the kitchen. You will be working as part of a large team in a great working environment. Communication skills and your ability to work alone or as part of a team are essential.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage a section within the kitchen
Ensure that dishes are prepared and cooked according to the specific standards
- Managing the development and supervision of the Commis Chefs on the section, ensuring they are fully trained and understand their duties
- Ensure that stock is rotated and controlled within the specific section of the kitchen
- Ensure the cleaning schedule is adhered to and that cleaning tasks are delegated as appropriate
- Ensure full understanding of the functional administration of the restaurant
- Maintain a detailed Knowledge of the full menu and be able to explain dish descriptions
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and H&S requirements
- Ensure all policies, procedures, standards and guidelines are carefully adhered to
The successful candidate will receive; a competitive salary, extensive training and development opportunities, a great career progression opportunity, staff discounts in the Restaurant, Home & Garden and Food Hall, 28 days annual leave and other company wide benefits.
Please send your CV direct to the Head Chef
Home & Garden sales assistant ~ Open
Restaurant / Café Service Staff ~ Open
Suffolk Food Hall has established itself as an exemplar of local food. We are an award winning Food Hall based in Suffolk with our products coming from local farms and suppliers, our provenance of ingredients is critical to us and our customers.
We are growing from strength to strength, in fact our sales are improving by a third each year, and we are always looking for rising stars who can take us further.
We are looking to appoint professional service staff to join a buzzing team. You will need to have great enthusiasm for serving customers, having a love for quality, be passionate about food, be smart, efficient and overall want to succeed.
Working up to a five day week within a team and also days on the weekend on a rota system is important to us as this is where most sales are generated.
If you are looking for a challenge to commit time to a dynamic business and have aspirations to progress an award winning operation, then this is the opportunity for you.
Please forward your CV by email.